This spaghetti squash boat is delicious and saves the dishes! Give it a try the next time you're cooking a healthy dinner for two!
Ingredients for 2-3 Servings
· 1 small spaghetti squash (approx. 5-6” long)
· 1 teaspoon olive oil
· 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced (celery is a sub for the onions)
· 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
· 1 tablespoon minced garlic or mince a fresh pepper or ginger
· 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
· 1 cup sliced mushrooms
· 1 cup broccoli florets
· 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
· 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or sub in fresh cubed avocado
· Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cut spaghetti squash in half from top to bottom. Scoop out seeds and place flesh side down in large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 7-8 minutes; allow to cool.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in cast iron skillet and sauté onions, peppers, garlic, and mushrooms together until softened. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings.
Stir in broccoli and cook for a few minutes to brighten green in color.
Stir in black beans; remove from heat.
Once spaghetti squash is cool enough to touch, carefully use a fork to scrape out spaghetti squash
strands and transfer to a bowl.
Toss spaghetti squash with cooked veggies and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
Pour spaghetti squash mixture into spaghetti squash skins and top with remaining cheese.
Bake in the oven at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes until cheese melts.
Serving Size: 1 boat
Calories: 370; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 25mg; Sodium: 395mg; Carbohydrate: 52g; Dietary Fiber: 10g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 19g
Potassium: 994mg; Iron: 20%; Vitamin A: 16%; Vitamin C: 130%;