This delicious recipe includes one of our favorite, hydrating veggies. Not only do these pink-tinted beauties pack a zing, they fight free-radicals, reduce inflammation, and boost your immune system. You couldn't ask for much more from a dinner. Roast, eat, enjoy!
· 1 ½ pounds radishes, trimmed, scrubbed, and halved
· 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
· 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
· 1-2 Tbsp Fresh Lime juice
· 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
· ½ teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
· ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
· Pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a medium bowl toss radishes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Place the radishes in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan or a pre-heated cast iron skillet. Roast, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring once.
2. For chive vinaigrette, in a screw-top jar combine the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the wine vinegar, chives, mustard, pepper, and salt. Drizzle vinaigrette over radishes; toss to coat.